OpenBSD 5.1 Officially Released - Download Now!
OpenBSD, a FREE, multi-platform BSD-based UNIX-like operating system that emphasizes portability, standardization, correctness, proactive security and integrated cryptography, is now at version 5.1.
OpenBSD 5.1 features a lot of improvements and it comes with tons of hardware support, such as:
· Supports for additional mobile broadband devices has been added;
· Support for Intel 82580 has been added;
· Support for Synaptics touch pads through the synaptics(4) X.Org input driver is now enabled by · default;
· Support for Intel Sandy Bridge integrated graphics cards has been added;
· Initial rdomains support for IPv6 improved;
· Support for MSG_NOSIGNAL was added;
· Chromium 16.0.912.77 and LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 are available.
A comprehensive list of new features, changes and update can be found in the official announcement.
The OpenBSD project produces a FREE, multi-platform 4.4BSD-based UNIX-like operating system. Our efforts emphasize portability, standardization, correctness, proactive security and integrated cryptography.
OpenBSD is freely available from our FTP sites, and also available in an inexpensive 3-CD set.
The current release is OpenBSD 5.1 which was released May 1, 2012.
Download OpenBSD 5.1