Xfce 4.10 Has Been Released - Download Xfce 4.10
Xfce 4.10 supersedes the previous Xfce 4.8 version found on major Linux distributions, and it comes with improved user experience and a polished desktop interface.
"Today, after 1 year and 4 months of work, we are pleased to announce the release of the Xfce desktop 4.10, a new stable version that supersedes Xfce 4.8."
"In the 4.10 cycle we mainly focused on polishing the desktop and improving the user experience in various ways." - was stated in the official release announcement by the Xfce development team.
Highlights of Xfce 4.10:
· Added a new application finder that combines the functionality of xfrun4 and xfce4-appfinder;
· Ability to open desktop files and launch apps with a single mouse click;
· Ability to advance through the wallpaper list automatically;
· Ability to display thumbnails on the desktop;
· Added an alternative vertical display mode (deskbar) to the panel;
· The panel plugins can now be arranged in multiple rows;
· Added MIME type editor, allowing to easily change the default applications assigned to open certain file types;
· Added extended functionality to the touchpad and mouse settings dialog;
· Better support for tablets;
· Windows can now be configured to tile when they are dragged to the screen edges;
· Added cursor key navigation and flexible theming to the tab window (Alt+Tab) functionality.
Xfce 4.10 is still one of the most popular lightweight alternatives to other Linux desktop environments found in today's operating systems.
Xfce can be installed on several UNIX platforms. It is known to compile on Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, Cygwin and MacOS X, on x86, PPC, Sparc, Alpha...
For more details you can take a look at the official Xfce 4.10 tour, and the detailed changelog.
Download Xfce 4.10