This is nice news for Verizon Galaxy Nexus users who just bought Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 on Verizon because today you can find the update from The official Android 4.0.4 and you can do manual flashing to get the valid update today. If you are the new one who do not know much about Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, it is the latest version of Android operation system which will provide improved performance, stability, security and of course the whole lack of features on the previous version.
Today we will talk about how to update your android to the latest 4.0.4 ICS build IMM76K manually, please be careful and follow these instructions;
- This manually step by step update are valid for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus CDMA/LTE, model number SCH-I515. You may not practice this step to another device which we do not recommend.
- The manually step by step update information was advised and provided only for educational objective. We do not provide any guarantee for any damage and risk after trying this step.
- You must understand any risk that you will face, so do with your own risk
1.) First you can start downloading the following files and then save them into your personal computer
- Android 4.0.4 ROM (12f767e7a5d0.signed-mysid-IMM76K-from-ICL53F.12f767e7.zip, 39.8 MB)
- Android 4.0.4 Radio and Bootloader Package(IMM76K_RADIOS_BOOTLOADER.zip, 6.2 MB)
- Fastboot (Fastboot.zip, 404.46 KB)
- ClockworkMod Touch Recovery image (recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-toro.img, 5.6 MB)
3) Extract the zip fiel in your personal computer or laptop Fastboot.zip file to the C:\ directory.
5) Boot your phone by turning your phone off and then press and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power button, and then connect your phone to your computer.
7) Type and enter the command below so that you can activate temporarily into ClockworkMod Recovery. You must click the Enter after each command:
- cd c:\Fastboot
- fastboot devices
- fastboot boot recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-toro.img
8) Once you have finished the last command, your phone should reboot on ClockworkMod Recovery.
9) Create a Nandroid backup on ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Select Wipe Cache and press yes to activate it.
- Select Advanced, and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache and click yes to confirm this step.
12) To Bootloader ZIP package you can repeat from step 1 to step 11.
14) You can select reboot system now to restart your computer. And now, you have finished updating the original Android Ice Cream Sandwich ROM latest version 4.0.4
Step by Step to Update Android 4.0.4 ICS build IMM76K at Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515