A secret top 10 Interesting Facts About Nokia India will show now! Enjoy this info.
Although there's little unknown information about Nokia, it appears that the Finnish giant felt the need to pinpoint some of its milestones in India.
As Nokia reports, India reached the status as one of the most prolific mobile phone markets for the company.
Even though the latest figures show a considerable decline for Nokia, fans of the brand will probably be happy to find some of the company's most interesting achievements in India.
1. This is the 16th year since Nokia is operating in India. Although in the first six years there were only 5 million subscribers, the company predicts that by 2013 the number will rise to almost 1 billion.
2. The Nokia 5110 was manufactured with the first ever Indian ringtone, the song Saare Jahaan Se Acchha, 13 years ago, in 1998.
3. According to Nokia, the company manufactured its first phone with a Hindi script, a Nokia 3210, 11 years ago, in 2000.
4. Nokia is the first global telecom company that managed to set up a mobile phone production plant in India. The plant was built in Chennai in January 2006 and in 5 years of operations, the workforce has grown from 550 to over 8000 people.
5. It appears the over 70% of the 8000 employees at the Chennai plant are women. Nokia reports that the women working at the Chennai facility are involved in running production lines as well as maintenance, assembly and testing operations.
6. This doesn't come up as a surprise, but Nokia has been voted India’s most powerful brand no less than nine times. The company was voted India’s most trusted brand for the last 3 years as well.
7. bdevices are sold at almost 200,000 outlets across the country. No wonder Nokia sells so much in India.
8. Although Nokia set up operations in India in 1995 with only 450 people, today the company prides itself with more than 15,000 employees in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and New Delhi.
9. One of the 'greenest' handsets manufacturer, Nokia has more than 5,000 mobile recycling centres in India.
10. It appears that last year Indians purchased 151 million new handsets, from which 52% were Nokia phones, Analysys Mason research company reports.
Top 10 Interesting Facts About Nokia India