Apple has chosen Gekko Ltd. to hire people who possess advanced user experience of iPhone for “an exciting project” between 16th August - 29th October within “key retail stores”.
The job listing, spotted by Cnet.co.uk, should indicate that 16 August - 29 October is the timeframe during which Apple’s iPhone 5 should make its debut.
Cupertino may have avoided to post an ad on its Jobs at Apple site, knowing how the tech media has its eyes on that section 24/7 seeking clues as to what the Mac maker is up to next.
But that didn’t stop Gekko Ltd. from posting their own job advertisement that says “Our client, Apple … [is] seeking full time iPhone Sales Staff for an exciting project to work 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday) for the period 16th August - 29th October within key retail stores.”
Gekko is known to have worked with Apple before.
The ideal candidate will have experience of selling / promoting mobile phones. They should possess advanced user experience of iPhones and a passion and keen interest in Apple products, according to the list of requirements.
Thus person needs to be sales driven and target oriented, and must exercise great communication skills, as well as be enthusiastic, confident, and a reliable individual.
· Work closely alongside both management and staff within the store to generate and grow iPhone sales to ensure sales targets are met.
· By providing a first class custmer service experience, delivering passionate and knowledgeable product sales demonstrations you will aim to capture the hearts and minds of potential customers, allowing them to see how our client’s products and services can fit in to their lifestyle.
· Integrate within the store’s team to build working relationships through training and motivational activities.
· Ensure the Apple area within the store is effectively merchandised to the standard required in order to create a strong retail presence.
· Complete comprehensive daily reports and provide valuable weekly insights into performance and potential opportunities within your designated store.
Perhaps one of the most important requirements, in order to be considered for the iPhone Sales Staff, the applicant must be able to “commit to the period of the campaign.”
This wording alone should indicate that Apple is planning something big in the August - October timeframe, and if this isn’t enough indication for Apple’s plans to sell a hot new iPhone model, we don’t know what is.
Those who are accepted will begin a 4 day training course between August 9 - 12 in the London area.
iPhone 5 May Launch August 16, Job Listing Indicates