KDE Software Compilation 4.7 was in development for about two months, since May 25th when the first Beta was released, and it brings very nice new features, various software improvements, and overall stability.
KDE Software Compilation 4.7.0 is composed of the KDE Plasma Workspace, the KDE Applications and the KDE Development Platform.
Highlights of KDE Software Compilation 4.7.0:
· New IM (Instant Messaging) solution for KDE, integrated directly into desktop;
· Adium themes support in the default Instant Messaging client;
· Support for OpenGL-ES 2.0 on the KWin window manager;
· Major improvements on the Dolphin file manager;
· Support for the GRUB2 bootloader on KDM (KDE's login manager);
· Support for offline address search on Marble;
· Plasma Workspaces has been improved for touchscreens and mobile devices;
· Updated Oxygen icons;
· Better blending of GNOME/GTK applications in KDE;
· Activity Manager allows grouping of applications, documents and widgets;
· Initial support for NetworkManager 0.9 in Plasma Workspaces;
· Bluetooth tethering support in Plasma Workspaces;
· VPN, 3G, and MAC spoofing support in Plasma Workspaces;
· Added breadcrumbs to the Kickoff application launcher;
· Konsole doesn't block the removal of USB flash drives;
· PulseAudio support in KMix;
· Semantic capabilities in KDE.
Over 12,000 bugs have been fixed in the new KDE Software Compilation 4.7, since the previous 4.6 release, making it even more stable than ever before.
Lots of other applications included in KDE Software Compilation 4.7 have been updated to new versions, especially Kontact and Digikam. KDE Software Compilation 4.7 is translated into more than 55 languages.
Download KDE Software Compilation 4.7
Free Download KDE Software Compilation 4.7