Now with kernel 2.6.26-11
Steven Shiau announced today the immediate availability of Clonezilla LiveCD 1.2.1-23, a Linux-based minimal operating system that can help you clone systems. The new release is a stable one, it's based on Debian Lenny, and is powered by a new Linux kernel.
Clonezilla LiveCD 1.2.1-23 brings three bug fixes, adds two new tools, updates one package, and introduces a handful of features/improvements. Without any further introduction, let's have a look at the main changes:
· Updated Linux kernel to version 2.6.26-11;
· Now based on Debian Lenny repository (12/08/2008);
· The cryptsetup and hexedit packages were added;
· gPXE was updated to version 0.9.6;
· English typos were fixed;
· When savings parts, the serial number of the disk is shown;
· custom-ocs can now be used with an image that was included in ocs-iso and ocs-live-dev;
· The restoring mode of Clonezilla gets a new option (-b);
· Fixed bug when the reboot/shutdown/none option appeared twice if someone wanted to create recovery iso/zip with "ocs-sr -x";
· The locales list without comma bug, in ocs-live-hook.conf, was fixed;
· ocs_pre_run will be used at boot from now on.
The Clonezilla LiveCD is a minimal Linux distribution based on Partition Image, ntfsclone, DRBL and udpcast. It allows you to massively clone computers simultaneously. Unlike the Ghost for Unix/Linux LiveCDs (G4L/G4U), Clonezilla saves and restores only used blocks in the hard drives, which increases the clone efficiency. The Clonezilla LiveCD was born to bring more power and competence to your hard disk partitioning and cloning tasks.
Clonezilla LiveCD supports the following filesystems: ext2, ext3, reiserfs, xfs, jfs, fat16, fat32, ntfs and hfs+. Therefore, you can clone Linux, Microsoft Windows and even Intel-based Apple Mac operating systems. For other filesystems, Clonezilla uses dd to dump the whole partition. Download Clonezilla LiveCD 1.2.1-23 right now from Softpedia.
Download Now!!! Clonezilla LiveCD 1.2.1-23 Released