Without any further introduction, let take a closer look to the main highlights for Precise Pangolin.
Highlights of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS:
· GNOME 3.2 desktop environment, with some GNOME 3.4 packages;
· Configurable Unity interface;
· 100% accessible;
· Cleaner Control Center;
· Mozilla Thunderbird enhancements;
· Rhythmbox music player;
· Flicker-free boot process;
· Improve boot speed;
· Better multi-monitor support;
· Python 3.2 and 2.7;
· Improved ARM support;
· cloud-init, cloud-utils, cloud images improvements;
· Enhanced Orchestra;
· Production deployment for Juju;
· Cloud power management and cloud-live project.
As for the Edubuntu 12.04 LTS operating system, the development team will focus their efforts on making it an LTS release, as well as replacing Epoptes with iTalc, and improve LTSP-live.
Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS Highlights