Palupix ™ News Center the place to share about the technology, business, and lifestyle.

Subcribe our post

Enter your email address:

Monday, April 30, 2012

Android 4.0 ICS for Samsung GALAXY S II (I9100G) Now Available in Some Regions

 Android 4.0 ICS for Samsung GALAXY S II (I9100G) Now Available in Some Regions

Samsung is still struggling to push the long-awaited Ice Cream Sandwich update for some of the less popular Galaxy family smartphones.

Samsung GALAXY S II (I9100G)
Image Credits: Samsung GALAXY S II (I9100G)

Given the fact that it took the South Korean company more than several months to release the Android 4.0 update for Galaxy S II devices, it won’t come as a surprise if the rest of the Galaxy devices that were promised the same updated won’t be getting it until later this year.

However, it appears that this will not be the case for the Galaxy S II (I9100G), which is a different variant of the standard Galaxy S II (I9100). In fact, the only difference between the two smartphones is the processor.

While the Galaxy S II (I9100) is equipped with a dual-core Exynos processor clocked at 1.2 GHz, the Galaxy S II (I9100G) packs a 1.2 GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4430 CPU, which is complemented by a PowerVR SGX540 graphics processing unit.

Samsung Galaxy S II (I9100G) was launched on the market with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread out of the box. Up until recently, it was unclear whether this version of Galaxy S II could receive an Ice Cream Sandwich.

Fortunately, Android 4.0 ICS is now available for download in some regions. According to the folks over at GSMArena the update is now slowly rolled out globally, so more countries might get it in the following weeks.

Currently, there have been reports on the availability of the update coming from Pakistan and Australia. Keep in mind that Android 4.0 ICS for Galaxy S II (I9100G) is only available via Samsung Kies desktop software.

Galaxy S II (I9100G) owners who did not receive the update yet might want to wait a few more days until Samsung deploys it in additional countries.

Those who already upgraded their smartphone might want to leave their comments, along with their location.

Android 4.0 ICS for Samsung GALAXY S II (I9100G) Now Available in Some Regions

Android 4.0 ICS for Samsung GALAXY S II (I9100G) Now Available in Some Regions was published by . We hope that information about Android 4.0 ICS for Samsung GALAXY S II (I9100G) Now Available in Some Regions very usefull for you. You can get another usefull information related with Android 4.0 ICS for Samsung GALAXY S II (I9100G) Now Available in Some Regions at our sharing post in facebook, twitter and etc.. Warm regard from us.

FeedCitrosblogDotCom

25 comments:

  1. I am from Pakistan. I have updated the firmware of my galaxy s2 I9100G using kies but its updated it to android 2.3.6. I dont know why it was not the update to 4.0.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    This is really interesting take on the concept. I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think it will be a great use of new ideas and informations...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 90E6C
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    ----
    matadorbet
    ----
    ----

    ReplyDelete