Apple Updates FCP X to 10.0.4, Adds 1080p iOS Sharing
Apple has pushed out an update for users of Final Cut Pro X improving the video editing software on a number of levels, including overall stability, performance, and compatibility with third-party hardware and software.
The new 10.0.4 release is said to improve image quality and responsiveness of broadcast monitoring with third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices that have been deemed compatible with FCP X.
|Image credits: Apple|
It improves the performance of multicam syncing and editing, and it adds language support for Simplified Chinese and a Share option for 1080p video on compatible iOS devices.
In addition to these new features and enhancements, Final Cut Pro X 10.0.4 also addresses a number of issues. From the official release notes:
– Assigns default audio channel setting for new projects to stereo.
– Includes multicam metadata in XML project export.
– Fixes an issue in which video superimposed over a background with an alpha channel could appear differently in Viewer before and after render.
– Fixes an issue that caused some titles to be rendered again after each application launch.
Completely rebuilt from the ground up and released to the masses in June 2011, Final Cut Pro X is a 64-bit video production suite that takes full advantage of the latest Mac hardware and software.
Apple says that thanks to all the hard work that has been put in FCP X, “you never have to wait for the next edit, even if you’re working with 4K video.”
Leveraging all the GPU power your Mac boasts, as well as multi-threaded processing, Final Cut Pro X does blazing-fast background rendering and superb real-time playback performance, while ensuring color consistency from import to output thanks to the ColorSync-managed color pipeline.
Final Cut Pro X is available from the Mac App Store for $299.99 / 239.99 € on systems running Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or later.
· 2GB of RAM (4GB of RAM recommended)
· Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
· 256MB of VRAM
· Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
· 64-bit processor
· 2.4GB of disk space
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
This update improves overall stability, performance and compatibility including:
· Improves image quality and responsiveness of broadcast monitoring with compatible third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices
· Improves performance of multicam syncing and editing
· Adds language support for Simplified Chinese
Download Apple Final Cut Pro 10.0.4 - Adds 1080p iOS Sharing