Download and try now!
Parallels is proud to announce the addition of Ubuntu 12.04 Beta to the list of supported guest operating systems in the latest version of its flagship product - Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac.
|Image credits: Parallels Inc.|
Deemed as a major upgrade to the award-winning software for running Windows on a Mac, Parallels Desktop 7 creates powerful and easy-to-use virtual machines.
Parallels Desktop for Mac build 7.0.15094 addresses overall stability and performance issues, according to the release notes. It includes experimental support for Ubuntu 12.04, support for the Dvorak and Arabic keyboard layout, as well as support for the French numeric keyboard layout.
With the new Parallels Desktop, you can download and install Fedora 16 right from the Parallels Wizard. The update further adds improved support for the Swedish keyboard layout (clicking Shift + 2 now displays the @ sign instead of TM), and improved 3D support.
Finally, the update resolves an issue with synchronizing time settings between Windows and Mac.
For those who aren’t very familiar with Parallels Desktop, the software lets you run Windows programs side-by-side with your Mac OS X applications, without having to reboot. You can copy and paste text, as well as drag and drop objects between Mac apps and Windows programs.
The program isn’t limited to any type of software, which means that you can play your favorite Windows games right on your Mac (just probably not with the anti-gaming Magic Mouse).
Parallels Desktop lets you transfer all your data from your PC to your Mac and you can purchase, download and install a new copy of Windows directly from Parallels Desktop via a simple Wizard.
Users can download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview for free right now.
In addition to supporting Windows guests, Parallels Desktop for Mac also allows you to install other operating systems, including (but not limited to) Linux, Google Chrome OS, and Mac OS X Lion Server.
· A Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor.
· At least 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended to run Windows 7)
· At least 700 MB of space available on the boot volume for Parallels Desktop installation.
· 15 GB of available disk space for Windows.
· A Windows installation disc, or other installation media for the operating systems you want to use alongside Mac OS X.
· 14 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for Ubuntu 12.04 (experimental).
· Download and install Fedora 16 right from the Parallels Wizard.
· Support for the Dvorak keyboard layout.
· Support for the Arabic keyboard layout.
· Support for the French numeric keyboard layout.
· Improved support for the Swedish keyboard layout: clicking Shift + 2 now displays the @ sign instead of TM.
· Improved 3D support.
· Resolves an issue with synchronizing time settings between Windows and Mac.
Run Ubuntu 12.04 with Parallels Desktop 7.0.15094 for Mac