Everyone is happy to spend time in front of computer while listening to their songs from the hard disk. For music fans, iTunes is the best application must be installed. This music application can run well on Mac or Windows, but how about on Ubuntu? Is Ubuntu users can also listen music by using iTunes?
Nothing is impossible because they can also run iTunes smoothly on Ubuntu. But, wait a second! How to do it? Are you curious? Let's follow the following 7 steps:
1. Open your web browser, then type "wine program" in the search engine or visit winehq.org. In order to make iTunes can be installed on Ubuntu then you need that program. Besides visit the main page, downloading can be done via the terminal, type this command at terminal:
sudo dpkg -i wine_0.9.45~winehq0~ubuntu~7.04-1_i386.deb
2. Before the download starts, you must configure the wine program. Try to type "winecfg", don't include quotation marks. On the application tab, choose Windows XP while the driver tab, choose Autodetect.
The next step is checking the option of ALSA driver and find on the audio tab to uncheck OSS driver option. Please, don't forget to press "ok" button to save the configuration.
3. Now, the latest version of iTunes are ready to download . You can get it by going to apple.com/itunes.
4. Then, try to type a command "wine iTunesSetup.exe" After a while, welcome screen will appeare at short time.
5. Click on the "next", don't forget to choose "accept" license and determine the configuration before installation begins. Don't choose autorun and download will start immediately.
6. Once the download is complete, press "finish" button.
7. In order to make iTunes can be run successfully, type this command:
wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/iTunes/iTunes.exe
Well, apparently not too difficult to run iTunes on Ubuntu. Now, you can hear a variety of your favorite songs and let say big thanks to wine applications. For those who struggle the iTunes latest version installation, it wouldn't hurt to try the older version. Well, good luck!
7 Steps to Download iTunes on Ubuntu