General purpose utility for Mac OS X
Titanium Software has released a new version of OnyX, an application that lets users tweak pretty much anything there is to tweak within Mac OS X. The new release adds half a dozen changes, including a new Info panel and updated Help. OnyX is completely free to download and use.
OnyX can manipulate everything from the Finder, Dock, Dashboard, Expose, and Safari to the Login window, and even the hidden settings of some of Apple's own applications. The utility enables you not only to optimize the way OS X works, but also to manage some of the processes behind most applications.
It allows you to delete caches and remove a certain number of files and folders that may become cumbersome, and there's also the option to see detailed info of your configuration. Just as important, OnyX is able to save a Desktop before modifying and relaunching the Finder. As you would expect, the app also lets you modify its appearance – window transparency, the icon, and the toolbar icons, and more. The latest version of the app brings the following enhancements:
· New "Info" panel;
· Modifying the number of recent places in the dialogs;
· Deleting Logs improved;
· Many alert messages modified;
· Bug while opening the Parameters panel corrected (catalan version);
· Help updated and reindexed.
- It is very important to back up your data before using OnyX. The application is not bug-free, and no user is infallible, according to the makers.
- If your computer freezes, don't worry, OnyX cannot destroy the System. If your computer freezes during the verification of the volume, it is a completely normal behavior! Once OnyX is finished checking, control will be returned to you.
OnyX is available for Mac OS ranging from Jaguar to Leopard. You can download the latest version of OnyX using the link below.
Download OnyX (Free)
Download New OnyX 2.0.3 (Free)